About Monitoring in Delaware
There are several environmental monitoring initiatives currently ongoing in Delaware. Delaware environmental monitoring competencies currently include:
- a network of high-frequency radar transmit-receive sites
- the Delaware Environmental Observing System (DEOS)
- a real-time satellite receiving station
- diverse coastal and Delaware Bay observations
- ground and surface water availability (DGS)
Although significant monitoring of the environment is occurring across the State, there is no statewide ability to ingest, organize, archive, and disseminate the data from these initiatives in a meaningful way for research, education, and decision-making.
DEMAC works with agencies and research groups throughout the State of Delaware to establish and maintain a coordinated approach to disseminating environmental data to governmental agencies, K-12, and the general public. (Read more about DEMAC and our goals.